Header Ads



  • Recent

    NDC CHAIRMAN AND ORGANIZER IN A BIG FIGHT





    All is not well within the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) in the Ashanti Region as the Regional Chairman Mr. Augustus Nana Akwasi Andrews and his Organizer, Isham Alhassan have crossed swords.


    As a result, the latter has officially lodged a complaint with the National Chairman of the party accusing Mr. Augustus Nana Akwasi Andrews of usurping his authority and asking junior officers to do same.


    Isham Alhassan is seeking the intervention of National Executives of the NDC in the matter before it degenerates into a very unpleasant situation considering the trend

    In a copy of the letter sighted by Mynewsgh.com which he confirmed authoring, he said “I once visited some branches in the Ahafo Ano North, surprisingly my Chairman called the constituency Chairman and told him never to allow me to visit the constituency without his permission”

    Read full text of letter of his complaint below;

    I prepared data on the 2016 presidential and parliamentary elections on all the polling station across the region. Categorized the forty-seven (47) constituencies into three. The intention is to visit all the constituencies to share the data with them and the map out strategy to increase our votes in the region. However, I have been trying in vain to get the blessing of my Chairman to embark on that mission.

    I managed to Organize all the former MMDCEs to come onboard to play a role in our Organization in the Region and a meeting was arranged with them.

    I discussed this meeting with the Regional Secretary for onward discussion with the Chairman as the party chain of command requires. On the day of the meeting the Chairman called off the meeting with the reason that I was not the right person to Organizer such a program.

    It will be recall that the National office embarked on an audit exercise of all the polling stations in the region which was not completed.

    I drew a program based on the experience I got from National exercise for the remaining constituencies with plan meeting involving all constituencies Secretaries, Organizers and the Elections directors from the affected areas to continue the exercise. Regrettably my Chairman again called some Chairmen few days to the program and asked them not to allow me to organize the program.

    Sir, in my view my Chairman’s actions which I consider as misapplication of powers of his office for his personal gain to make me redundant as the Regional Organizer, I see his actions also against the success of the party for 2020.

    In view of the foregoing, I earnestly and humbly request for your intervention to save a gloomy situation in the region and the party at large.

    No comments

    Post Bottom Ad

    ad728